Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

This is the first New Year's Eve in a long time that I feel like celebrating.  I had lovely visits with my sister and my kids over the Christmas break, and now I'm ready to really focus my attentions on ME!  I'm set up to weave again, I'm ready to write again, I'm going to buy myself a keyboard and finally learn to play piano, I'm going to find a local person who can teach me how to work in glass, and I'm going to work hard to get better at the local language.  I plan to travel to the States at least twice this year - and I'm going to lose at least one more size in the next few months - hurrah!  I feel like I finally have the emotional and physical energy to move forward, to be who I am in front of the world without fear or anxiety.  This is nice!   It feels good to be invested in life again instead of just treading water.  Life is good.  Happy New Year, everyone! 


2 comments:

  1. What a very happy post! This sounds so wonderful, Pearl, you've made such a huge leap forward, and I'm so happy for you. Amazing to be able to say, and mean it, "Life is good." Happy New Year to you as well! love CS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, too! Very inspirational message!

    We also had a lovely Christmas this year. Instead of spending our New Year's energy ruminating over spoiled festivities, we can focus on ourselves. It's such a drain worrying about troublesome relatives and dealing with the shite they stir while we're busy stirring the egg nog. ha!

    I wish for you and all of us, a joyful and happy New Year!

    Hugs,
    CZ

    ReplyDelete