Sunday, July 1, 2012

Edmund Burke must have known my NFOO!

I have to read more Edmund Burke - he's the Irish political philosopher who said,  "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  I know that he was speaking in political terms, but how this also applies to Nfamilies!  Every Nfamily probably has either one parent or siblings or both who are either too afraid of the narcissists or too invested in keeping the family myth going forward another generation that they will not see what is happening - or if they see, they will not stop it.  They allow the evil to continue as they do nothing.  How sad - and the myth of the "close" family goes on because there's no overt war - just lies, gossip, slander,and tiptoeing around narcissists in multiple generations.  Alas...

Burke also said, "There is, however, a limit at which forbearance ceases to be a virtue."  Again, know he was talking about a political situation, but how well it applies to me!!!  I took forbearance to a ridiculous level, of course, and put up with all sorts of nonsense from the WWW and her flying monkeys because I really thought I had to - and I did, as long as I wanted to be a part of that piece of the family - speaking out against the WWW and her minions was verboten - about all three weird sisters, another family member has said at one time or another, "That's just the way she is."  Really?!  How is it that some family members get a pass like that - not, "She has to change," or "She acts like such a bitch," or "I can't believe that anyone would act that way at her mother's deathbed," but "That's just the way she is."  Amazing - and it takes us back to the first quote from Burke...

No comments:

Post a Comment