Monday, July 2, 2012
That's Just the Way I Am!
Oh, my goodness - I was talking to LS1 about my last post and realized something SO important. When I homeschooled my kids, I was amazed that there were so many people who wanted to voice their opinion about our decision to do this - I never felt that everyone should homeschool, that if you didn't homeschool you were somehow a bad parent, but apparently this decision set off all kinds of defensive alarms for a lot of people, and I finally decided that I needed a one-liner to ward off unwanted "advice." My line was "Homeschooling really works for our family." This is difficult to argue with and the one-liner worked to put up a boundary.
I really need a one-liner in my NFOO - and they've provided it - the line is "That's just the way I am! So when Winkie1 says that it's wrong for me to "isolate" the WWW and her flying monkeys, my response must be, "That's just the way I am!" I have no illusions that this will give me the pass that it gives WWW and her flying monkeys, but since this is used to justify all sorts of narcissistic nastiness, it seems the perfect one-liner! That's just the way I am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment