Wednesday, January 16, 2013

N-free and loving it!

I haven't been writing much - the holidays, visiting family and friends, and now helping my sister with recovery from surgery has meant moving around, less privacy, and interesting stuff to do!  I have two and a half weeks left in the States and I'm now in heavy duty weaving withdrawal, but I'm looking forward to some more time with my sister post-surgery (which was very successful), some time with my son and his significant other, and then getting back to my regular, normal, quiet life where I can weave and walk and go to lovely outdoor markets to buy my food.

So the holidays were lovely - no N's at all from the NFOO, so it was really pleasant, calm, mostly relaxed (the weird virus caused some stress, but mostly I was able to take care of myself through that), the kind of holiday that we all longed for in days past!  We saw beautiful gingerbread houses, light displays, historic towns, and we even got to go to a Moravian Love Feast - it was truly wonderful!  There are some N's that have found their ways into the non-N group, but they were mostly peripheral and easy enough to tune out for the most part.  (It's amazing how the NFOO has sooooooooo programmed us for supply, but other N's just don't have the ability to raise our shackles that way.)  Still, there's been some processing (Does this EVER end?) and talking about how to continue to live N-free, which I think is still helpful - and it may be for a while yet.  My goal is to, at some point in my life, not even CONSIDER N's at all - not to have them cross my mind, not to have to worry about their presence in my life, not to have to think about how to deal with them in any situation.  Wouldn't that be perfect???  I long for that day!  But each day is getting better - I'm more focused on me, on what I need, on what I want to be doing, on what and who I care about.  I don't miss any of the N's at all - what's to miss?  Shame and blame?  Harassment?  Gossip?  Slander?  No!  I don't miss any of it!  Only my non-N sibs and my chosen family and friends know where I am now - and since this sibling is also NC, life is good.  At some point, we'll probably move back to the States and then the word will get out, I'm sure - but NC will remain in place because I LOVE this!!!

N-ness is starting to take a secondary place in my thoughts, for the most part - life is just so much more pleasant without the constant nonsense and game-playing, the sniping and back-biting.  Ah....  I really do wish I'd discovered NC earlier - like maybe when I was 5!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Toto! I'm so happy your visit to the states went and is going well. NC at 5--a shared fantasy, eh? I'm sure you miss weaving--it's such a big part of your life in Ecuador. How is your DH? I can hear you disconnecting the N wiring gradually. I don't know if I'll ever get entirely past it, since my NM will live a long time, and my sisters are completely co-dependent now. The whole FOO seems to function just fine in my absence. They get together often, and seem to enjoy each others' company. So--as Kara said over on North Wind, birds of a feather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " I really do wish I'd discovered NC earlier - like maybe when I was 5!!!" lolololololol! Me too! A lovely, upbeat post. Thanks!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete