No, that does NOT mean what you probably think it means... It's Valentine's Day for those of us who didn't see that marrying familiar is NOT a good option. This post won't make much sense to those of you who got healthy enough to not choose someone who sort of looked like the opposite of what your family was - and then turned out to be waaaay too similar. I didn't marry an N - I suppose I'm grateful for that, although I might have gotten out early if I had. I married a passive-aggressive, who also now has a type of dementia. He cried over dinner tonight, telling me that someone who works at the home told him that if he thought he was lonely in his room at the home, he should think about her alone in her apartment. When he'd finished crying, I reminded him that his wife was also living alone. He just looked at me and then said that he was sad about that, too (but without tears)... Honestly... And I need to talk to that woman now, too... Boundaries, people - boundaries!!!
But the good news from the week is that I went to a nutritionist who determined that I have an underactive thyroid in addition to a couple of other things and I'm taking iodine drops. OMG, I have so much energy - and it's not the type of energy that I've had for decades - the kind where I PUSH myself to get done what I need to do - this is an ABUNDANCE of energy and I can get an amazing number of things done!! But I'm also calm - not anxious, not nervous - calm and energetic - what a combination!
On balance, the week's been good. And there won't be another VD for 364 days - hurrah!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment