Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Worth all the pain!

This process has been long and difficult, but honestly, it's been soooo worth the effort.  The Protector of the WWW and her Flying Monkeys has been visiting for the past week and we've had a good time.  There have been moments, of course.  She's asked questions and I've answered them honestly, which has usually stopped all conversation for a while, but I don't offer  additional information unless she asks more, which she doesn't...  She asks but really doesn't want to know... I've held my ground, protected my boundaries, and have mostly enjoyed our visit.  Now, of course, I have to see if she can honor her commitment to not spread information about me to the crazy triumvarite...  If not, there won't be a repeat visit.  Best part:  no anxiety!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Pearl! This is a big step, even allowing the visit in the first place. Being willing to answer some questions, just enough, w/o JADEing. You've given her a big gift, whether she realizes it or not. But yourself an even bigger one. That you could glean some pleasure from the visit, that's big news. I hope she respects your boundaries and doesn't triangulate. It would be nice if you could let her come back some time! Big pats on back. It's hard as HELL and you are doing it. xo CS

    ReplyDelete