Saturday, March 7, 2015

Pondering...

So - when I went to the holistic doctor this past week, he did a test that revealed only one thing that I didn't know - according to this test, I still have significant emotional stress.  Hmmmm...  So the fact that I feel that a HUGE emotional burden has been lifted and that I'm "relatively" stress free (pun indeed intended) seems to indicate that the burden that I was carrying was gargantuan and that what I consider "stress free" is still markedly stressed.  This is weird and I've given it a great deal of thought - it's obviously no wonder that my adrenals have been over-taxed and that my thyroid is working at less than optimum levels, that I have a systemic yeast infection and that I've suffered from brain fog for quite a while.  Egad!  If this feeling that I'm now experiencing is still stressed, I can't even begin to imagine what genuinely stress free is going to feel like!  Maybe I'll be able to fly!!!  It's delightful to ponder...

2 comments:

  1. Ponder away Pearl. You've been overstressed and overburdened for so many years that everything's going to feel like 'up" from here! Once you get that yeast infection under control, I"m sure you'll feel even better. Re: brain fog, just a guess, but sometimes, when one has been living in 'fight or flight' mode for years, when it eases it can be hard to concentrate. The mind just wants to zone out a bit. I'm just guessing here, mind you…. xo CS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess! It's called "adrenal fatigue" and I suspect that many ACON's suffer from it - and it makes it even harder to figure out all this s***. "Fight or flight" isn't meant to be a lifestyle, but when we learn it so early in life, it can become just that... I did miss my brain - it's good to get re-acquainted...

      Delete