Friday, March 6, 2015

The Emerging Pearl

So, taking care of myself after NOT taking care of myself for years is turning out to take a lot of time!  I've been to a nutritionist and to a holistic doctor and my, oh, my - I have a lot of damage to repair!  My thyroid isn't working up to snuff, my adrenals are a mess, my immune system is ridiculously low...  All caregiver/ACON stuff - I'm determined to get my body back in decent running order and NEVER let this happen again.

I'm also doing some silly stuff, stuff that most women do in their teens and 20's - I'm figuring out what sorts of clothes look best on me, what colors I want to include more of in my wardrobe, what I want my "style" to be - honestly, this sort of thing never really showed up on my radar - Nmother had pretty much convinced me by the time I was a teenager that I wasn't to stand out, that my choice in clothing was abysmal, and that she and she alone determined taste and style. Needless to say, these choices did not include COLOR!  It's hard to blend into the background while wearing COLOR!  My loving sister helps a lot by telling me that certain colors look really good on me - I'm wearing more color, but now I want to tie it together more - it sounds kind of froo-froo to me, but I'm over-riding that and forging ahead!

I'm also spending some time thinking about what I want to do with the rest of my life - this nutrition/herb/oil thing is intriguing to me - I'm seeing dramatic improvements in my health rather quickly, which I hadn't anticipated.  The people I'm working with are wonderfully intuitive, they're great listeners, and I trust them to have my best interests at heart.  I'm looking into it - I'll probably have to work at least part time for the rest of my life and this time, I want it to be something I love doing and something that won't require 60 hours a week to accomplish well!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment