Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Will I Ever Be Good Enough?
Just finished "Will I Ever Be Good Enough? Healing The Daughters Of Narcissistic Mothers" by Karyl McBride, Ph.D. The author was raised by a narcissistic mother, so she knows what she's talking about. LS1 and I have spent a lot of time discussing our mother's narcissism - the myth in our Nfamily is that Mom was a victim, an abused woman who needed to be rescued. The truth is that she was a co-abuser with our Nfather, did a lot of gas lighting, and set her children against each other in true narcissistic style. She was unable to love her children and was a vain, selfish woman whose children were supposed to take care of her from a young age. The legacy of these two narcissists is a family that is deeply divided, with no hope for any reconciliation. Some legacy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment