Monday, December 10, 2012

I love food!

I started this post a while ago and got distracted... 

All my life, I've had a love/hate relationship with food - Nmother was very thin and was obsessed with looks.  I was a "chubby" toddler and have fought weight forever, usually with Nmother sabotaging my efforts - snide comments, baking lots of goodies, disparaging looks, etc.    I'm no longer fighting - and I'm losing weight.  I'm eating better than I've eaten in my entire life, I eat more food than I've ever eaten,  I'm enjoying food tremendously, and I eat whenever I'm hungry.  What a concept!! And this is the very first time in my life that I've lost weight without becoming frightened - I used to think I'd become afraid because Nmother was thin and Nmother was a "victim" , but of course, Nmother wasn't really a victim at all, although she played the part with vigour.   I think now that it was because Nmother wanted only the WWW to be as thin as she was, to properly reflect her glory.  (MW was also thin, even as a child, but she was "too" thin -  what makes the GC delightful is a flaw if it shows up in another child - how N!)  So with all those horrifically mixed messages about weight, it's little wonder that I've struggled my whole life and mostly lost the battle.  Now I see food as good, healthy, fun - not my enemy, not to be avoided, not to be eaten sparingly, not to be feared, but to be enjoyed!  Like every other relationship in my life, my "relationship" with food was twisted by NFOO.   I'm now eating an anti-inflammatory diet, I'm losing weight, I'm LOVING cooking and eating this food, and I'm pain-free for the first time in my life.  What's not to love?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and good for you. Would LOVE to hear more about this diet, either here or in a private message!

    ReplyDelete