Monday, December 3, 2012

Life is mostly good

In a week, I'll be heading home for Christmas - hurrah!!!  It'll be nice to spend time with my daughter and visit with friends - and have no contact with NFOO.  My life is so much calmer without WWW, the Flying Monkeys and the MW.  My sister-in-law forwarded an email from the MW - very saccarine, take-care-of-yourselves on the anniversary of Nmother's death (Not - "I'm going to see this grief counselor" but "You might want to see the grief counselor " - she's above even grief!)  I've asked SIL not to forward any other emails - these missives say so little and mean less, but are full of "wise advice" and mild admonishments - enough!!!!  There's a reason that I'm NC with MW!  And lots of other acronyms!!

I've been weaving a lot - it's so relaxing (except when I work with mohair) and I'm really enjoying it!  Have some Christmas gifts to finish - I'll include some pictures after the holidays.  Every day I learn more about this wonderful art - and get bolder with the yarns!  It's so amazing not to hear the voice in my head that tells me that I'm not artistic, that I don't have a good sense of color, that I have no sense of style.  I'm glad that voice has been silenced!  I'm also working on taking better care of myself - also not strongly encouraged by Nmother.  Tonight, I made a facial mask with some moistened red clay and when it was dry, I washed it off first with water and then with coconut oil - my face feels so good!  The Whole 30 diet is so amazing- my skin feels better generally, my joints and muscles don't ache, I'm losing weight - what could be better?   I get to do a lot of walking here - and I love it!  I'm going to join a gym after the holidays- the walk to the gym alone should be a LOT of exercise - it's way at the top of a huge hill - and while you exercise, you can look out over the city - ah...   

All in all, life is good.  Tomorrow I weave, go out for lunch with a friend, and go to the doctor to get a prescription for my anxiety meds - I was a Girl Scout leader for years and know about being prepared!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment