Saturday, July 5, 2014

One more day

Everything - absolutely everything - has to be re-assessed in light of knowledge about narcissism.  The Nparents, the nsiblings, the various roles we all had and how that affects relationships from now on, the p/a spouse, the friends, the church - even God.  Seeing life through the haze created by narcissism is over - clarity is a bit overwhelming.  Embarrassment about not having seen this sooner comes up periodically and threatens to shut everything down, but so far I've gotten past that.  I can see why people get part way through this and pull back - it's hard and it's scary and I really hope that I get to the other side soon.  

So periodically I have to review - where I started, where I am now.  And I'm making progress.  I have much better boundaries with the NFOO, with friends, with my spouse, with the world generally.  I'm doing much less negative self-talk.  My anxiety level is way down, I'm taking better care of myself, I'm exploring who I was meant to be and how I'm going to achieve that.  I'm following through on things that are important to me, and I'm getting rid of things that are important to others, but aren't mine to do.  I'm living more in the day than in the past or future.  All in all, my life is better today than it was a year ago, so it makes sense to continue one more day.  One more  day - I can do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment