I now have absolutely zero tolerance for narcissistic nonsense. I spot it much earlier now and I find myself leaving the scene as quickly as possible rather than trying to figure out how to deal with it effectively - because now I know there IS no dealing with it and I no longer want to waste my time and energy on ridiculous interactions whose only purpose is to provide narcissistic supply to crazy people. Ah, the freedom! I've been able to spot male narcissists for a long time, but female narcissists, especially the covert ones and the histrionics, are now on my radar as well - hurrah! These are the people who really drain my energy and cause a lot of anxiety in my life - wait!- make that past tense! I no longer dance to that tune, the jarring gossip and lies, the 2-faced behavior, the caterwauling and high drama, the victim posture of the WWW and her flying monkeys. I see such joy on the faces of my loving sibs* - they're so much more open to the world without contact with the three weird sisters and that's so wonderful to see... We're all figuring out who we REALLY are and connecting in a new and wonderful way! So much pain, but I'm already seeing the benefit of zero tolerance!
*Update 6/16/2014 - There is a real danger in seeing narcissism for what it is and turning away from that knowledge, or at least not working on changing one's own behavior, not getting rid of "fleas" and/or deciding that the recovery process is too painful to continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment