Monday, May 21, 2012
AVOID THE DIFFICULT PEOPLE!
OK, so I'm trying really hard to keep from being spotted as narissistic supply by the narcissists out there in the world and I'm getting it, I think - I know what's my business and what isn't - and most isn't... I'm working on not smiling so much and I'm staying present instead of disappearing - and yet... I had an encounter today with a woman I'd met months ago because I rented the apartment she had been living in. She had an ad out saying that she was moving again and was selling off a lot of plants and pots, which I need. I emailed her and told her that I couldn't make it to her place the day of the sale (tomorrow), but she had said that people could make appointments if the sale time didn't work out. I told her that today at 1:30 would work - she emailed back saying that 1:30 was OK. I got a taxi and arrived at her door, only to have no one answer. I called her on her cell and she said, "No,honey, the sale is tomorrow." (Oh, how I hate narcissistic sweetness...) When I reminded her that she had OK'd this time and date, she said that she thought I'd meant tomorrow and she was on her way out the door and was LATE - like I was to blame for that!!! I came home and read my emails and her replies and I was very clear that I'd meant today - I SAID today. I remember that the last time I dealt with her, it was difficult, too - so why did I attempt this again???? I have to keep telling myself that people don't change usually and once I discover that they are difficult, I should just not deal with them again.. Point 4!!!! Once I know a person is difficult, I should keep my distance. Lesson learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment