Sunday, May 6, 2012

Not my job

I'm back - it's been a lovely break, but I'm more convinced than ever that I draw narcissisists like flies to honey...  How do they spot me???  This is the issue that I have to deal with now - making myself a non-target to new narcissists.   My LS1 says that this is her main goal, too - presenting to the world a face that says, "Don't mess with me" instead of "Here I am - what can I do for you?"  I definitely need a "Don't mess with me" face!  I'm practicing saying to myself, "This is not my problem" and "This is not my business" and "I don't have to solve this problem."  In my FOO, there were problems in abundance and no grownups to solve them - I really did believe most of my life that any problem that I noticed, was told about, or happened to think of was mine to solve.  This has led to huge stress in my life.  Just putting aside the issues with the 3 Weird Sisters (No, I don't have to save these relationships, no, I don't have to keep trying when obviously there is no like motivation on the other side) has been a great stress-reducer.  It's amazing to me how many issues and problems are really none of my damn business!

No comments:

Post a Comment