Saturday, May 26, 2012
Not being a target
So - I now have 4 things I'm working on to not be a target of narcissists and their flying monkeys: 1. Remembering that most of the problems of the world are none of my damn business. This is going well - I have to do less self-talk when I'm confronted with an issue or problem and I'm amazed at how much brain space these "dilemmas" took up! I have less anxiety about life in general and that's always a good thing. 2. Staying present. This is going reasonably well - But right now I'm mostly hanging out with only one or two people at a time. I did have lunch with a group this week, though, and I stayed present even though I wasn't comfortable with one of the people, so that's progress... 3. Not smiling so much. This one has been easier than I'd thought it would be. I don't think I'm really the happy person that people think I am - as my LS1 points out, I have a relatively positive outlook on life - but I'm also a bit sarcastic (ok, more than a bit) and I believe firmly in a sin nature, so I don't believe that we're all good deep down - somehow the WWW and her flying monkeys got a pass on that for a long time, but no more, which leads us to #4. Avoid these people once you see their true nature. Now that I'm listening to my intuition, this is becoming easier - I see, I leave, I don't go back for more! This also is ever so freeing - how much time I've wasted on these "relationships" which weren't really relationships. Narcissistic supply is just not a basis for a real relationship... So there you have it - progress is being made! I'm also not spending as much time processing, so I have more time and energy for my life and figuring out how to live it more fully and richly - ah...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Needs to be a "like" button on here :-)
ReplyDelete