For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)
I love this verse - it gives me such hope! For a lot of my life, I had a good bit of difficulty relating to God as "father" - with an Nfather like mine, certainly understandable. Nfather (and Nmother) did NOT have plans to prosper me and did immeasurable harm in my life. Looking back, I see that although I believed firmly in God, it was difficult for me to trust Him - again, experience had taught me that authority figures of any sort mean only to get their way by bullying and badgering until you finally just give up and give in. Don't get me wrong - I did experience God's love and care in myriad ways - but I never fully trusted that, I was rarely at peace in that. But now, there has been some sort of shift in the universe - the freedom that I feel, the peace even in the midst of life difficulties, frees me to feel hope and to look forward to what lies ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment