Wednesday, October 24, 2012
There are more WWW's and Flying Monkeys in the World than I'd like to Believe!
The latest ACoN blog kerfuffle has been a real eye-opener for me- it felt exactly like the WWW and her Flying Monkeys - if your feelings get hurt, even in the teeniest way, scream bloody murder, round up a posse and oust someone from the "family" or group! It's been amazing to watch - and it's made me ever so happy that I've never gone public with this blog - nor will I ever! I think ACoN blogs really do attract N's - and ACoN's who haven't matured enough in their healing to keep from acting N-like at least part of the time. There was a lot of fuss about what Charity did, but Charity was a new member of the ACoN blogging community; this last business was the work of someone who's been at this a while. That should be scary to me, but it's mostly just annoying. I'm working hard at "getting" this, at figuring out how to be in the world now that I've learned some remarkable things about myself - like that I'm really an introvert who's been trying hard to be an extroert her whole life and that I have a creative side that now demands attention, that I'm really happy to be without the adrenaline rush of N histrionics and that I can, indeed, finally just turn away from people who insist on abusing me and treating me like crap. It's taken about 9 months to give birth to the new me - and I'm loving it! I can't remember a time in my life when I've felt so much at peace, when I haven't battled anxiety, when I'm busily doing things that I really enjoy doing, and when I feel free to be myself in the world. Just as I went NC with WWW and her Flying Monkeys, I have no desire to read the blogs of people who are hateful, mean-spirited, name-calling people who behave like mean adolescents - good grief! I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime! Again, it's a relief to remove myself from the narcissistic nonsense and get on with my new life!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm seriously thinking about going private. I just don't want to provide any more material for them to use to grow their horrible bacteria. It would be freeing, and it would make me feel safer. I think I'm heading that sure. Yes the bullies will feel that they won. Let'em feel that way. Who cares? I'm way too old and far in my journey to have any truck with the kind of people who talk such unmitigated trash. Glad you are here. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. How did you get people signed up? through their blog emails?
ReplyDelete