Thursday, February 23, 2012

Predicting High Drama

Yesterday, I decided that just walking away was probably not enough.  I feel the need to make a declaration, to send a letter to each of the Threee Weird Sisters saying that I no longer want any contact and why.  There is so little honesty in my NFOO because of the fear.  So I wrote it, re-wrote it, and re-wrote it again.  I decided to call those of my siblings who will be in the line of fire but  I could only reach one of them.  We had a long talk.  We've all lived so long in the shadow of narcissism, tiptoeing around first our parents and now our siblings that the very idea of acting in a normal, natural way is foreign to us.  We're master strategizers - if I do this, what might happen?  Who's going to get hurt in the process?  Who's going to get the first call and how will the event be twisted and convoluted to make WWW look like the victim or the hero?  No wonder we're so emotionally exhausted!  Narcissists really do suck the life out of you.  I sent an email to my daughter, who lives near MW - I don't want to hurt her relationship with her cousin and his family - and this is certainly a possibility, since MW's job is to protect WWW and her FM's.   Sigh...  This is why I have to go NC - I really do want this nonsense out of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment