Another quiet morning with a cup of coffee - well, a couple of cups of coffee... I had a wonderful day yesterday - a group of women went to a lovely hacienda in the mountains and enjoyed a day of being taken care of. We ate, we played games, we walked along the river, we sat by the fire, we visited a wood-working shop. The group had been hand-chosen to avoid having N's in the group and it was delightful. If only real life could be this easy - oh, it can be!!! Being with kindred spirits is pure joy!
Taking care of others/not taking care of myself has been a lifetime habit that has to be broken completely - really, how did I manage to get this old without realizing that I'm worthy of self care? I plan on making up for years of neglect and taking good, good care of myself from now on - eating healthy food, exercising whenever I want, walking, walking, walking, and being alone when I need to be (even if that means spending more money on spouse care). I'm off this morning to visit with a friend and walk around town a bit - hurrah!
No comments:
Post a Comment