Sunday, August 26, 2012

Learning to be the real me

Whew.  So, I don't think I'm as nice as I thought I was - serving and pleasing people are not, as it happens, in my real nature at all - I'm really rather selfish and surly at times - and I'm OK with that for now!   I'm no longer happy to settle for relationships that are shallow and one-sided (That would be ME doing all the work and making things work out so everyone is happy - except me), If this is my life, then I get to live it the way I want to live it - and that means that I want relationships that are reciprocal - I get my needs met, too - and if that's too much for you, if you need me always to care for you while you can't be bothered to even keep in touch except when you need something, then that relationship is dead to me.  DEAD. TO. ME. There you have it!!!

OK, so I think I've gone from hurt to anger - and I'm probably going to be here for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment