Thursday, August 2, 2012

Life is getting so much better!

My Nmother died last year on Christmas Day - it's been 7 months of painful, often depressing, and  incredibly sad processing of a lifetime of interactions with  narcissistic parents, narcissistic siblings, and enablers everywhere!  But the light at the end of the tunnel turned out to be the sun!  I know that I'll never be completely finished with this task, that the damage done early lingers and I'll have to be watchful for my whole life, but it's now becoming habitual to watch, decide if I'm in danger, and get the hell out of Dodge before I'm involved in any way with a narcissist.  It's amazing how much more time I have and how much more brain space I have than when I was forever providing narcissistic supply to these crazy nutcases.  I really hope that some day I'll be at the point that they can't  identify me as narcissistic supply - wouldn't that be lovely?  Even more sun!  And the friends I'm making now are wonderful - I'm in danger only of bruising myself from pinching myself to see if this is a dream or my new reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment