Friday, August 24, 2012

The Coven

I read Raising Caliban for the first time yesterday (The blog is listed in my sidebar - if you haven't read it, you might want to - it's really good and provides a lot of food for thought.) and my brain is putting some things together in new ways, which I love!  In one of her posts,Caliban's Sister talks about her Nmother referring to her enabling children as her "support network."  This made me do a double-take, since it's so typical of narcissists to take a dysfunctional relationship and try to re-wrap it as something positive.  A relationship built on triangulation, deceit, and slander becomes a "support network."  How charming!

I did a little research on covens last week and discovered that a coven has to be more than 2 people and can have up to 13 people - I suppose that I should be glad that I don't have that many biological sisters.  Now, I know that the WWW and her Flying Monkeys are not really witches in the religious sense, but it does seem appropriate that they number 3, as did the 3 Weird Sisters in MacBeth. When shall we three meet again?  And they are each other's "support network" based on the same triangulation, deceit, and slander that Caliban's Sister's Nmother uses to keep her "support network" in operation. 

I heard a strange tale last week - apparently, when MW, W2 and the 3 Weird Sisters went to MW's cabin after the burial of Nmother's ashes, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth by WWW - and it was ignored both at the graveside and at the cabin - ignored!!!!  Poor WWW - now that Nmother is dead, who will continue the Poor WWW myth?  And it seems that the support network is weakening since the purpose of it was to attain reflected attention from Nmother - since WWW was the Golden Child, association with the GC got you points with Nmother, who spent most of our phone conversations reciting the woes of Poor WWW.  Do I believe that the Nfamily will now heal?  No, of course not - that would require actually facing up to the myriad myths that keep this whole thing going and I don't see that happening anytime soon - ever, really.  I think that what will happen is that the coven will decide to go after someone else, to feed off the blood of another victim to reinvigorate themselves - this will be started by the WWW and the others will rush to her side, habit and myth preventing any introspection about what they continue to do to their biological siblings.  And the myth continues in thunder, lightening, and in rain.  *(And the hurlyburly's never done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment