Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Weird planning
OK, so I know this is going to sound oh, so strange, but I've been thinking about my funeral. No, I have no information about an end date or anything, but it dawned on me that I really don't want my Nfamily at my funeral and started wondering about how that worked. Can funerals be private? (It turns out they can.) Can you send invitations to funerals? (Turns out you can.) Can you keep Nrelatives away? (Well, yes and no...) Of course, people with no boundaries at all can crash funerals, they can arrive uninvited at all kinds of events. So why don't I want them there when I'll be past the point of caring? I really hate to think of my real family having to deal with the histrionics and general brouhaha (Don't you love that word?) of my Nsiblings. They have a way of making any family event uncomfortable, spreading lies, gossip and slander wherever they go, turning people against other people, whispering and wailing and generally being a menace. I really hate to think about them anywhere near people I love and care about. I have to explore this a bit more, but I think the plan will be multi-layered. If they don't show up, do this... If they do show up, say and do this... Part of the memorial may have to be in a private home where they won't be allowed. It'll be more work to plan, but my whole life has been complicated by narcissism, so why not this as well?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment