Friday, November 23, 2012

I feel almost giddy!!!

I feel almost giddy - this is NOT a word that I have used at any time in the past to describe how I feel!  I feel like I've had to be so IN CONTROL most of my life - don't say the wrong thing, don't say anything with the wrong TONE, don't offend anyone, don't say anything that might hurt someone's feelings (and this was tough in my NFOO!), don't say what you need or want... The list is endless.  And now it's gone!  Obviously, I don't intend to go around offending people, but I don't have to be so endlessly careful, as if my very presence offends - oh, that's right, it DID!  This last piece, losing the NFOO's judge and jury, has burst open the prison's doors, let the sunshine in, and almost any other freedom analogy I can think of!  I really don't know what to do with this feeling - it's mind-blowingly refreshing, like water bubbling up from inside my soul - a fountain of freedom!  I want to dance and sing - and twirl!!!!  I haven't twirled since I was a girl, but today, I could twirl! And shout!  And laugh with all my heart!  All my heart is available now - all my heart... What joy! 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's such a lovely feeling - now I need a twirly dress!!!

      Delete
  2. This post if just freakin awe-inspiring. And think--you still have siblings who love you and stay in touch with you as you are, so cutting loose the goblins really costs you NOTHING except that last shredded fantasy that things with them will ever change. No wonder you feel giddy! Just think--every holiday in the future. No anxiety. No worry about what they think and feel. You shout it out, and think how all that energy that went into trying to placate WWW, MW, and EWs, can go into your LOOM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true! My energy can now go into MY life - when I bemoan the fact that this has happened so late in my life, I have to remember that it HAS happened, that the time I have left will be free of Nnonsense, and that I can now live my life the way I was meant to from the beginning - ah...

      Delete