Wednesday, November 28, 2012
No more pain
My knees have hurt since I was a young child. I don't remember a time when my knees didn't hurt. When I'd complain, Nmother would tell me that I was "too young to have sore knees" and that was that. I started doing a gluten-free diet about a year ago and my knees, hips, and hands were much better. 2 months ago. I started an anti-inflamatory diet and I feel amazingingly pain-free! My hands don't hurt, my hips don't hurt, and I can kneel without pain! This is sooooooo amazing - I'm loving it! I'm also losing weight, which I love - but being pain-free is so new to me! Why in the world wouldn't a parent listen to a child when s/he tells her that a part of her body is sore? Honestly, whenever I'd sit down, I'd rub my knees - it didn't matter what I was doing - they were just always sore. Now, I catch myself rubbing them and think, "Why am I doing this? They don't hurt anymore!" I just learned to live with the pain and just not think about it - but now that it's gone, I can walk, run, climb stairs, dance without pain! It's like a miracle every single day! And yesterday I noticed that I can turn my head without pain - yes, turn my head!!! Without pain! Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Toto, I love your last two posts. They're downright inspiring. Can you share some tips for anti-inflammatory diet? I have arthritis and carpal tunnel, and am looking into food as possible aggravators.
ReplyDeleteAlso, you are SO luck to have 4 sibs with whom you can stay in loving contact. That's amazing and wonderful. And your relationship with your children is a marvel given the dynamics of your FOO. It's energizing and cheering reading your posts since you went NC with MW. yay!
I've sent you the information already, but thought it would be good to share just a bit here as well -if anyone is interested in an anti-inflammatory diet, check out Whole 30 on the internet. It's been soooooo wonderful to be pain-free! This diet may not work for everyone, but it's completely changed my life. And I am lucky to have some wonderful sibs - and the most wonderful children in the world!
Delete