Thursday, November 22, 2012
The calm AFTER the storm
We all know about the calm before the storm - I'm now in the calm after the storm. It's absolutely no wonder I've struggled so long with losing weight - there was enough cortisol in my system for most of my life to keep that weight hanging on and multiplying. The constant upheavals, that awful feeling in my stomach when I knew I'd have to see the WWW, her Flying Monkeys and MW, the bickering, the scolding, the disdain if you disagreed with whatever the biologicals had decided was the correct way to think, vote, or act, the constant righteous indignation at almost everything, the lecturing about social action positions, the incessant sniping, the nastygrams if I stepped out of formation, the blaming of the Church for all the problems in NFOO and the world - now that I'm out, I wonder why in the WORLD I stayed in for so long - I know, I know - conditioning! I opened my email this morning without a single worry about nastygrams. None of the biologicals know my SKYPE name and I'd have to give them my contact information (which I obviously won't do). I don't have an actual physical address except my daughter's in the US, and if they do write ( I 've gotten a couple of CRAZY letters from WWW in the past), I'll throw it away unread. They're blocked on my email - their emails go right to "delete" - and I've blocked them on facebook. And because I've moved since MW and WWW were here, they wouldn't even be able to find me if they showed up in my city. They can't access either of my blogs since both are by invitation only, so I am essentially isolated from anyone that I don't want to be involved with! Hurrah!!! Control was a missing component of my life - and now that I have it, I won't easily give it up! I LOVE having contact with my loving sibs and sharing my life with them - I'm so thankful that I have them in my life and that we're all grownups who don't feel the need to resort to Jr. High tactics at every altercation. We don't all see eye to eye politically or spiritually, but we can all appreciate and celebrate our differences instead of feeling the need to be part of the "herd." There's just so much to be thankful for, isn't there??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment